Friday, March 11, 2011

Catching Up Mentally

Since I have lost weight recently I have been able to enjoy shopping for new smaller clothes as well as different styles of clothes.  I realize that my body has changed and is changing as I keep working at losing this weight and getting more fit, physically, spiritually, and mentally.  However, one thing hasn't changed, my mind set.  I look in the mirror and realize that my face, and neck have changed, gotten slimmer, but I still see that overweight un-happy girl (even though I am starting to heal and am primarily happy).  Each day, I have remind myself, I am not the same girl I was 7 months ago and I have made progress and I need to continue to celebrate those exciting times!  I thought I would share some pictures of Derek's and my night out for his birthday thanks to our friends Ange and Jason.  I look at these and I realize I have made progress, I am getting slimmer, but more importantly taking the time to get healthy and take care of myself.


Altogether we had a great time, enjoyed dinner and a movie and I was able to make healthy choices for myself.  Each day is about making great well rounded choices for myself, whether it be mentally, physically, or food wise, if I want great things,  I need to continue to show up for life and take hold of my destiny and what God has for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment